Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Old Drawer Turned Jewelry Organizer

My master bathroom is in need of some serious organization AND upgrading. Everything, and I mean everything is still builder basic. We have been in our house for almost 4 years, and haven't touched a thing in there. Unbelievable, right? I have so many ideas on what I want to do with my bathroom, unfortunately, we don't have the funds to anything about it right now. 
Tile in the shower, tile on the floor, a beautiful arch above our tub...
(I would love a claw foot tub, but that will never happen...the hubs must have his jacuzzi tub;o)) ...We would love to have separate vanities instead of a double vanity, and big chunky mirrors. The list keeps going, right? 
So, I'll continue to dream; peruse Pinterest and magazines; walking the aisles of Lowes and Home Depot; adding to the list of wants;o)
For my UK readers, if you are in the market for a new bathroom, check out these UK bathroom brands.
So since I can't overhaul our bathroom, I figured I would at least tackle the organization part.
 Today I am sharing another old drawer re-do.
If you guys remember, a couple of weeks ago I shared with you my drawer turned bathroom shelf.
The drawer I am sharing today, is it's little sister.
I found it along side the other drawer.
It's new purpose is a jewelry organizer.
My inspiration for the jewelry organizer came from this picture. When I came across it on Google, I thought to myself, "Hey, I have something like that!"
(source unknown)
As you can see below, my jewelry organization was lacking..in a bad sort of way. I can't tell you how many times I have stood in my bathroom untangling necklaces and earrings. SO very frustrating. 
So here is baby sister in all of her glory. A diamond in the rough.
 I used the same technique of stripping the 4 layers of paint off of the drawer. 
I did wear a mask this time...but I wore flips flops while scraping the paint and burned a couple of holes in my toes. Dumb. 
One of these days I will actually wear all the proper safety gear!
 I attached some glass knobs from Hobby Lobby to hang necklaces from. I also installed baby cup hooks in the top, spray painted this pretty little Union Jack aluminum sheet and hung it off of the hooks.
Now my earrings have a pretty place to be displayed.
No more tangled mess!
Isn't this way better than shoving everything under the sink and hoping for the best?

************************
This post contains links to affiliates. All opinions are my own.