Thursday, February 28, 2013

5 Year Old Birthday Outfit

My sweet S.R. is turning 5 in just a few days.
She asked for a special dress for her fairy tea party (a Queen Clarion dress to be exact).
The dress has been made, and she squealed when she saw it...the reaction every mother wants when she's worked so hard to make her little girl happy:o)
When I was searching for the fabric for the fairy dress, I came across some fairy knit fabric in purples and pinks. S.R.'s two favorite colors. I was slightly hesitant about purchasing it because my last experience with knits was quite disastrous. 
 I will have to say, this little skirt was much easier than I expected:o)

The hopscotch skirt is now my new favorite skirt to make...I think I'll be making one for myself now:o) I followed a super easy tutorial, and you can find it over at iCandy handmade.

I can't wait for the celebration:o) It's going to be so much fun!! I just hope that the snow they are calling for will hold off until after our guests return home safely:o) 
Have a great weekend, and I will see you back here next week with the details of the fairy tea party:o)