Friday, March 4, 2011

Boutique Number Candle


As you know, I am in the middle of getting ready for S.R.'s Birthday Party. I am really pleased with how everything is turning out:o) I thought I would share just a little bit of what I am doing for the party:o)
Today, I want to share with you how to make your own boutique number candle.
This project was absolutely free to me because I already had the supplies on hand.
Here's what you need:

A Number Candle
Glitter
Fabric Puff Paint
White Acrylic Paint or Mod Podge(looking back now, I would have used Mod Podge)
Paint Brush

 Start off by painting the whole number with paint or Mod Podge
 Immediately sprinkle your glitter over the number.
 Let the glue/paint dry and remove excess glitter. Next use the puff paint and trace around the number.
 Since I am using zebra print in a lot of the decor, I attempted a zebra print on the candle.
I saw numbers like these on Etsy for around $7. 
So now you can have your own custom candle for next to nothing!
By the way, are you digging this cake? This was my first attempt at fondant. I am super pleased with the results!
Looking forward to sharing the rest of the party decorations with you!!
Have a great weekend!